Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Tons of other uses

Jennifer Dewhurst
Jennifer Dewhurst ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I don't actually have an issue (for a change) but I just wanted to put this out there for all the people who have to coordinate luncheons or small events on a semi-regular basis. 

I LOVE Smartsheet for gathering all types of data, including meal orders. The web forms make it super easy and it SURE beats sorting through a bunch of emails or (worse) sending around a sign-up sheet.  I also love to use Smartsheet for event registrations because I can export the sheet to Excel and use a mail merge for labels, name tags, etc. 

On another note, I recently decided to move so I created a Smartsheet Apartment Tracker. I sent the web form to myself and put it on the home screen of my mobile phone. Not only does it help me keep track of my appointments, but, through the Web Form, I am able to make notes, attach pictures and rate the place real time as I'm viewing the unit. I created checklist columns for items I wanted such as dishwasher, appliances and laundry facilities, etc. I also created columns with drop down rating scales for things that were important to me, such as school system, neighborhood, parking, storage, highway access, etc. The ratings are automatically calculated to give me an average rating. With this Smartsheet, it was easy to keep track of all the places I've been as well as remind me exactly what it looked like.

Now that I have chosen a new place to live, I am currently using Smartsheet to coordinate my move and keep me on schedule.  I LOVE SMARTSHEET!

I am happy to share my sheets with anyone who wishes to use them.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool.

I did a similar thing for apartment hunting. I used AppSheet to link the data so I could have access to Maps and off-line capability. If I did not need the second, then Smartsheet Labs | Maps might have been enough.

Craig

• You should put your tools out there Craig. I would have loved it and I'm sure many others would too. Maybe Smartsheet could create a template for that? If not the Tracker, perhaps the Moving Checklist?  IT took some time to make mine.

• Hey Jennifer, the recent update to the Smartsheet mobile application also supports access to the web forms on from within the application, and keeps track of your recent web forms so you can access them again easily. Maybe this will help!

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Jennifer,

There used to be an area for public templates, but Smartsheet removed it because they are difficult and costly to maintain.

I run into a similar conflict between wanting to share (which I do) and wanting to eat (I do that too)

As users, we don't have the ability to share a Template to anyone outside of our own account. The Secure Workspace Link to a workspace requires logging in, so does not support an "anonymous" usage and I would be hestitant about providing that level of access, limited though it may be, to just anyone with the link.

(It isn't paranoia, they really are out to get us - I get about 5 attacks on my low traffic website a week)

Since we can't share Templates, that leaves Sheets which has a cost associated with it

But ... I am working on it.

• Adam: I use the mobile app. It's great. But I just like to have the form on my home screen,

Craig: Bummer. But I get it. Undecided

This discussion has been closed.