Workload over Calendar Duration

I am very new to Smartsheets and am in process of educating myself on the product to help develop some staffing workload tools on a project basis over time.  The goal is to help us analyze how employees are allocated on a project over a calender timeline. 

For example, we use project milestone deadlines to break up a project progress and divide the associated revenue for that milestone with a billable rate and then across a duration:

i.e. 4 week Schematic Design milestone: $15,000 total revenue / $150 per hour = 100 hours = 25 hours per week workload for employee A.

Is there a way to create a sheet that records the milestone workload (I can handle the simple formulas of $15,000 / $150 per hour = 100 hours) but I need help with how to take the 100 hours  and have it distributed over a duration.  And the real win would be to have that duration associated with actual calendar dates so that we can plot the load over a calendar for the employer, project, firm, etc.

Any help would be awesome.  I have been looking through templates and community topics and haven't been able to shed any light on if this is possible.    

Comments

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!