Extract Email Address Only from Contact List Column Upon Export into a Spread Sheet

@khush_hello
@khush_hello ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

In reference, to the above subject, I would need an help to view or extract only Email address from the Contact List column when I export the Smartsheet sheet to Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Khushboo

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hi Khushboo,

See Shaine's response on this post: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/exporting-contact-emails-sheet-excel

I hope that helps!

• @khush_hello
    @khush_hello ✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/13/19

Hi Alejandra,

Thanks for your response. But I believe I found a solution too!

This might not be the only solution but it works. 

Step 1a: Create a save as copy of existing sheet that you wish to download 

or

Step 1b: Convert the sheet contact list column to a text/numeric column; bingo!

(Note: Don't forget to convert it back to Contact List type]

Step 2: If Step 1a is followed then convert the "Contact List" column to a text/numeric column; bingo!

Step 3a: If Step 1a is followed then download the Smartsheet file and use excel based formulae to extract email address, within [abc <abc@abcxyzefg.com>]

Formulae: [=MID(A1, FIND("<", A1) + 1, FIND(">", A1) - FIND("<", A1) - 1) ]

or 

Step 3b: If Step 1b is followed then use below Smartsheet formulae to extract email address on Smartsheet another column (type text/numeric): 

[=MID(ContactList@row, FIND("<", ContactList@row) + 1, FIND(">", ContactList@row) - FIND("<", ContactList@row) - 1) ]

Step 4: Job done!

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

Khushboo

• JeremiahHorstick
    JeremiahHorstick ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to accomplish this with a formula

• ro.fei
    ro.fei ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate Khushboo's solution here, but I really think this should be a formula.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!