Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sharing Sheet Link

Heather Pugh
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I clicked into the Sharing tab to send a "secure sheet link" to my co-orker and she got a link to the entire workspace. When I looked again at the Sharing window, it now says "secure WORKSPACE link." That was quite a surprise.

Is this a recent change? If so, how do I easily share just a sheet link now?

Comments

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can not share just one sheet that is part of a work group.  You have to share the entire workspace or remove that sheet from the workspace and share it individually.

• Stephanie hi. Thanks for your response!

Yes, it has always been the case that if you share a sheet, you share the entire workspace. Previously, when you clicked on the Sharing tab, you could send the link to a particular sheet. Now you click Sharing and you send a link to the Workspace - not helpful when you have 300 sheets in there and you want to point to one of them.

I figured out yesterday that if you click the envelope icon on the toolbar, then select Email Shared User, you can still send the direct link. It's not as intuitive, but it works. 

I don't recall this change being announced and it caused some confuson here at our office.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Heather! In the Sharing tab for a sheet located in a workspace, the wording has changed from "Secure sheet link" to "Secure workspace link" but the link will still bring you to the sheet - not the workspace.  You can test this by navigating to a sheet link from the Sharing tab of a sheet located in a workspace, it will bring you to the sheet and not the workspace. 

Thanks for the question! Laughing

This discussion has been closed.