New Comments window

prosource
prosource
edited 12/09/19 in API & Developers

The other day our comments pop up box went to the classic pop up square box in the middle of the page to a slide out from the left side. Terrible Idea now it cover a third of the page and I am constantly opening and closing to see the date behind it . The pop up box was better because it could be moved around the page to see the data behind it. Is there a fix for this?

Capture_2.PNG

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is the only view at the moment. An idea could maybe to have the option to detach it and mimick the old way. What do you think?

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I hate the new conversations format. Is there a way to submit a "delete an enhancement" request? I have a Smartsheet with one row per project where users can enter comments/conversations. In some cases the projects can run up to a year or two and accumulate dozens of comments. Now, when I click on the icon I have to scroll way down to the bottom to see the most recent comment that used to be at the top. Nobody cares much about a two year old comment so why does it appear at the top?

Also, like Prosource, I liked being able to change the size and location of the comments window to make it easier to read the comments or something that is now covered up by the new format.

By the way, this is not the first time Smartsheet has changed how the comments field worked. They did something similar, but not as annoying, two or three years ago. Stop fixing things that are not broken!

Please give us a way to get back to the old format!

• Thanks Jim.  I also find it frustrating that the new comments box has to be closed manually. the old (and better) version just disappeared when you clicked on a line  Perhaps they can make it a user option to be able to chose which way it appears 

• How can it be the only way when it was available a week ago? cant we just go back to the old way.

• How can it be the only way when it was available a week ago? cant we just go back to the old way.

• I hate the new conversation too.. Especially the sift+enter to make new line

I wish they give us option to open it as separate window so it can be bigger.

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/04/19

I agree. I've already had to edit several comments due to hitting enter, instead of shift-enter, to space down a line as I've done for the last six years. Oddly, to enter a new line in the comments you do shift-enter but if you want to enter a new text line in a regular cell in Smartsheet you enter control-enter. So much for uniformity when doing the same thing.