Report Builder Problems

With the recent (Sept 19, 2019) update, non-licensed users no longer have the ability to update their Report Builder within SmartSheet.  This poses a significant problem for my company, as we have multiple licensed users and ~100 (non-licensed) individuals who execute the tasks assigned. 

Am I correct in thinking that each licensed user will need to manually add the sheets to each report builder so that the report query functions correctly?  This is not a scalable approach, as it would require each licensed user to do this 100x for my company every time a new sheet is created.  In my company licensed users to not have access to other licensed user sheets. 

I understand SmartSheet wants to increase the number of licensed users (to increase revenue), but is there a way to give non-licensed users a way to add sheets to their respective report builder?  I would be OK with the non-licensed users not having the ability to make other modifications to the Report Builder.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Patrick,

There might be a workaround.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée,

Thanks for responding to my message.  I am in the process of creating/sharing an example for you (as requested).  However, is the email address you provided associated with a SmartSheet license?  If so, you won’t encounter the problem my colleagues are facing with adding sheets to the Report Builder--this is only a problem for non-licensed accounts.  Can you either confirm your email address (andree@getdone.se) is not associated with a SmartSheet license or set up a ‘dummy’ account and send me the email associated with that account? 

In the interim, I am attaching a screen shot of what my colleagues encounter.  Adding new sheets to the 'Where' box is what I am trying to accomplish.  It isn't scalable for me to manually add sheets to each individual Report Builder, as there are multiple people creating sheets, I do not have access to all of the sheets, and we currently have ~100 people this impacts.  Ideally, the end user would add newly created sheets to their own report builder when the sheet is shared with them.

Patrick S.

Non-Licensed Report Builder.jpg

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

You can go ahead and share it to andree@getdone.se

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée,

I have shared Example Sheet 1 and Example Sheet 2, as well as a simple report of the example I am facing.  I have programmed the report to search Example Sheet 1.  I am trying to figure out a way for you to add Example Sheet 2 to the report search query.  As a reminder, I am having trouble with this when non-licensed users try to add sheets (they can access) to their report builder.  See image below.  Thanks.

Patrick S.

Report Builder Example.jpg

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

I'll take a look and get back to you!

Best,

Andrée