Using Microsoft Flow to Send Email

Oby
Oby ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in API & Developers

Hello,

Currently Smartsheet doesn't allow me to send an Alert with an attachment. The context of this is for a travel spreadsheet, when someone enters their itinerary, it will send the person an email with a standard email containing an attachment of various do's & don'ts. 

I think I've got my flow set up ok but I'm wondering out I create separate variables from the newly created row in Flow so that I can then use those as email fields, name fields, etc.

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hi Oby,

If you want to include an attachment in an alert, you could upload the attachment to the row, and under the alert's advanced options, you could choose to display the attachment column (if it's not already selected).

Advanced options

• Oby
    Oby ✭✭✭

Yes, I was aware of this but that means that I'm filling up my spreadsheet with multiple versions of the same attachment each time. That's not to mention my needing to add an attachment to every row in the first place. 

This is why I need to use a template-style alert where the same information is sent each time instead of row/or cell dependent alerts. 

This is also why I'm using flow with Smartsheet because Smartsheet doesn't have this functionality currently.