Navigate URL Automation

amkumar81861
edited 12/09/19 in API & Developers

Hi Team, 

Is it possible to automatically navigate to a URL added in a cell if specific cell value changes to specific value?

Please see below to understand the requirement.

I have a tracker sheet for each project. Each tracker sheet having multiple task and once all task completed a formula cell shows to project completed 100%. I also have a tracker in different application that need to be updated only date of project completion. And I can achieve this by clicking on a URL. So if smartsheet is able to navigate URL on 100% completion of project. Other application will take data automatically and we can save lot of efforts.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Amkumar,

The third-party service, Zapier might be an option for this scenario. Is that an option for you?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• amkumar81861
    edited 11/27/19

Andrée,

I don't actually want to go for any third party apps. What we need is to develop inhouse. I have to update a field in Salesforce, I have developed interface using API of smartsheet and salesforce. But I am not able to integrate it in real-time. If there is feature in smartsheet to navigate link without any user interaction on status changes like alerts and approval works, Please let me know.