Automated Weekly Request to Complete Form?

Melanie Kourbage
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is it possible to set up an automated, weekly request for individuals to complete a Smartsheet form? Individuals would be adding new rows each week, not updating existing rows. Therefore, I can't tie the workflow to a specific condition. The only workaround I've thought of would be to create a separate sheet with a date column populated with every date on which I need an update request distributed. Less cumbersome ideas welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Melanie,

Would it work to use an automated alert or update request set to send weekly with a link to the form?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I dont see where this was answered.

Something similar im trying to do is remind someone to fill out a form or sheet every week or every month.

I want to send this reminder regardless if a column or row was ever added or changed.

• Hi,

I would set up an automation for a recurring alert. Then using a customized message you could include the link to the form.

It could look something like this:

Hope this helps.

• andreadarcy
    andreadarcy ✭✭✭

I tried to do this as well, but the link in the email alert isn't clickable. I even tried using the 'embed code' to the form and it didn't work either. It would be nice to have this reminder to staff to fill out their project form monthly instead of sending out a regular email reminder.