Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

"We received a bad request" on Outlook Add-in

Options
posigeist
posigeist
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I'm an IT admin trying to install the Smartsheet add-in for my users and am being faced with the "We received a bad request" error when trying to Connect with Office365 in Outlook. I have tried putting the ?prompt=admin_consent string the URL to give permissions, as well as add the add-in to the Exchange admin center. I DO NOT wish to give all users the ability to consent to applications as this a massive security concern. It's at the point where I log in with O365 credentials when Outlook prompts for it under the "Connect to Office365" link in the add-in, and it will actually flash to the page where it should be before reverting back to the "Connect to Office365" button.

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello,

I don't believe that you can allow people to use the add in without giving them consent to applications.

Being able to remove a parameter from the URL path to give consent would be a large security breach, so as you found, that won't work either.

However, I'm not an expert on the authentication for Smartsheet for O365—contact our Support team to see if they can think of any way around this.

This discussion has been closed.