SUMIF Halp!

So I have this issue I would love to solve. I have a Contract Database (Sheet #1) that holds a current contract value for that contract number (216116). My issue is pulling the child row value (Total Contract Value) to another sheet (Sheet #2) using the Job No as criteria. So i'm not sure if SUMIF or SUMIFS will do it because I do not think VLOOKUP could. Any help is greatly appreciated! Also, I cannot add anything to Sheet #1, i.e. helper columns, cells.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If it is only duplicated for the rows you want to pull, it would look something like this (using the appropriate methods to create the cross sheet references).

=INDEX({Sheet 1 Fully Executed Column}, MATCH([Job No]@row, {Sheet 1 Change Order Markup Column}, 0))

This would only pull the first row where the Job Number is found. If you need to add multiple rows for the same Job Number (based on your SUMIFS comment in the original post)...

=SUMIFS({Sheet 1 Fully Executed Column}, {Sheet 1 Change Order Markup Column}, @cell = [Job No]@row)

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!