Customize Auto Email

Hello,

I am wanting to have completed forms auto emailed a confirmation (i.e., approval). This will help us cut down on manually emailing individuals that have submitted information to our form that they have been approved.

So far, the only thing we can figure out is to send the attached image. It does not look that professional.

Can we customize the confirmation message? Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? 

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

As long as the submitter is entering an email address on the form, you should be able to set up an alert that is based on rows being added that is sent to a contact type column (submitter's email address column).

If you do not want it to look the way it does in the screenshot you provided, you can have it not include any columns and use placeholders in the subject and body of the message by using double curly brackets around the column name.

For example...

If you wanted the message to have a customized salutation using the name they entered, you would start if off with

Hello {{First}},

Thank you for submitting your form. The NAFSA ID that you entered is {{NAFSA ID}}, and you entered your graduation date as {{Graduation Date}}.

Everywhere that you see a column name wrapped in the double curly brackets, it will automatically insert whatever is in that column on the row that triggered the automation.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Dawn Harris Wooten In the section where you are able to customize the message subject and body is where I am referring to using placeholders.

I have captured your screenshot and circled where I mean to use the placeholders. Simply enter the column name you want to pull the data from and wrap it in a double set of curly brackets.

Answers