Dashboard Viewer Filter

I attended Engage last year and a new advanced option was announced called "Dashboard Viewer."

I can not find this on any of my dashboards. Is there anyway I can filter the data on by dashboard by different users viewing it?

Thank you :)

Best Answer

Answers

• This only works on reports? Thank you so much!!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

More info:

• By default, the widget’s data is scoped to the Widget editor. That means the Report widget will display the widget editor’s report results. If you would like the Report widget to show data the Dashboard viewer has access to and their results, especially if the Current user criteria is applied to the underlying report, change the widget’s data is scoped by to Dashboard Viewer.  For more information on using Current user in reports, check out the article on Viewing Your Assigned Tasks.
    • If you publish a dashboard and the widget is set to run as the Dashboard viewer, the widget will be blank with the message "This widget has an advanced option applied and cannot be displayed in a published dashboard."
    • If you're using the Current user criterion in your report, the Report widget will always display tasks assigned to the person that added it to the dashboard. For more information on using Current user in reports, check out the article on Viewing Your Assigned Tasks.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Joselyn Davila

Remember! Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå The description on the dashboard viewer option states "Every dashboard viewer only sees the data they have access to. If the "Current User" filter is applied to the underlying report, each viewer only sees the rows with their name in the contact column". I took that to mean the widget would show say the actions for the current user based on the fact that the actions sheet has been shared with them as has the underlying report for the widget.

In your response above you state "If you publish a dashboard and the widget is set to run as the Dashboard viewer, the widget will be blank with the message "This widget has an advanced option applied and cannot be displayed in a published dashboard".

So does that mean this functionality does not actually work as described in the "Advanced Functions Form? Which is what I am experiencing.

I have shared the source data sheet, the report and the dashboard with the group that the user has been assigned to with view permissions.

• Hello Andree

I can't view the Dashboard viewer option in the advanced option. Can you please help?

Thanks

Anil Raghav

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @anilkrag77641

Can you maybe share some screenshots of what you see? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!