Exclude Rows when Sending Alert

2»

Answers

• Hi @director62476,

Following @Andrée Starå 's comment on Zapier, I had another look, and in limited testing could not reproduce the same issue again. Between the two products, I think the Microsoft one may be a little bit more configurable, but is certainly MUCH more complex to configure. Rather like Windows v Mac OS.

While I am not in a position to do a full walkthrough (you can probably find something on Youtube or the Zapier site) what I ended up with was the following 4 stage Zap (which incidentally is pretty close to what you want).

The first step is triggered when a row in a sheet is updated, the second step is is a condition that ignores if the [Mail Sent] column in the row is already set, the third sends an email from my Office 365 account (you could use Gmail if you prefer) using data from the Smartsheet row and static html content I typed in), the fourth step updates the [Mail Sent] column in the row so that I have an audit trail and also to prevent the email being send a second time if another update triggers the Zap again.

I hope this is enough to get you going.

Doing the same in Flow/Power Automate is also possible.

By the way, @Andrée Starå thanks for the effort you put into helping others in the Smartsheet Community Forum. I have found you have already answered many of the questions I was just about to ask!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrew Stewart Thanks for the kind words! I'm always happy to help!

@director62476 I'd recommend submitting an enhancement request to have more options with the design of the notifications and more.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.