Is it possible to generate a client sign off for an inspection in the field using a tablet?

Hi,

I work in construction and after our project managers inspect a project in the field I'd like them to have the ability to generate an inspection form for the property owner to sign on site using a tablet.

Right now they are using a sheet showing all measures that were inspected where they write down the quantity of each unit installed.

It would be great to be able to format that sheet to have a place for the customer to sign off and to be able to get a signature on site. We have docusign, so anyway that we could utilize that would be great.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Ian,

We could probably print/export to PDF and sign. (maybe we need to change the structure or use another sheet with a better structure for the export/print

How much information is there in the sheet?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ian B
    Ian B ✭✭✭

Hi Andree,

Thanks for the reply, below is a screenshot of the inspection sheet for reference. Ideally all of the "NEED" fields would be hidden and the format would be improved to be customer facing. So maybe creating a sheet (or report) that references this one to remove those columns would help. One of my issues is that we want this to have a more professional look to put it in front of a customer, and without some features like cell merging and being able to add a signature field this sheet is a little lacking at the moment.

I did post this twice on accident, thanks for pointing that out, I'll try to delete. the first time there was an error that said it couldn't post.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Would it work to have all the text together in one cell or just use a few cells? I'm thinking that we could JOIN the information together to show in another sheet or in a report possibly.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ian B
    Ian B ✭✭✭

Hi Andre, I've shared the sheet.

Hmmm.... I still need to show what was installed in each unit so I would need a column for each measure being installed and a row for each apartment (we retrofit apartment buildings). I'm not sure how JOIN would help there?

Thanks again for the help!

Ian

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

I'll take a look and get back to you!