Reports-Data from single cell/row from multiple sheets

Hello,

Brand new to smartsheets.

When I run a report, it grabs all the data from multiple sheets and the entire column of each sheet. This makes the report have 10+ rows for each sheet, when I want one row from each specific sheet .

Is there a way to define what row I want to report? I would like to be able to run a report on one row, and adjust the start dates. This way I can plan each project back to back in a gantt chart without having to go to each sheet individually.

The yellow cell is the main date that I want to be able to adjust in a report, for each job. This way I can schedule what job comes after which one, and pull more resources if I find an issue with scheduling.

Thank you very much,

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi David,

Welcome to the Community and the wonderful world of Smartsheet!

There are several ways to structure it so that the report only shows one specific row in each sheet.

• If there is something unique about each row (name, assigned or something else)
    • Add a so-called helper column (checkbox to select what should be included in the report)

Make sense? Would any of those options work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.