Card View - Conditional Formatting

Gunn_JackGunn_Jack ✭✭✭✭✭
01/21/20
Accepted

Hi all (Andre you about? haha)

I am trying to conditional format on the card view, in terms of striking through the Primary Text (Task Name) when the % Complete column = 100% This works on the grid or gantt view however does not carry over to Card View...any ideas?

See attachments

Any help much appreciated,

Jack

Best Answers

• cobycoby ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I second what Mike said -- Although text based conditional formatting is a nice feature request, we have implemented a pretty rigorous conditionally-formatted color system which colors the edge of the cards based on the status of a task, and provides sufficient visual contrast similar to a strike thru.

Answers

• Gunn_JackGunn_Jack ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alejandra Thank you for your response, i suspected as much and shall submit a request :)

Thanks

Jack

• AlejandraAlejandra Employee

Thanks Jack! I also submitted a request to update our help center articles with this information.

• Mike FerringerMike Ferringer ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems that this option for conditional formatting on card view is in place according to Smartsheet published information. However, I have not been able to get it to work. Has anyone had success with conditional formatting in card view?

• cobycoby ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I second what Mike said -- Although text based conditional formatting is a nice feature request, we have implemented a pretty rigorous conditionally-formatted color system which colors the edge of the cards based on the status of a task, and provides sufficient visual contrast similar to a strike thru.

• I can't seem to figure out in conditional formatting how to change the color of the card. Is this explained in better detail somewhere?

• Hi @Jeffrey Lakdawala

Card colours are the Task Bar colours in the Conditional Formatting rule:

The Task Bar option will only show if your formatting rule is set to apply to the Entire Row. See: Apply Formatting Automatically with Conditional Formatting Rules

Cheers!

Genevieve