Basic automation not working right?

I thought I set up a very simple automation but it doesn't work even after trying variations. I just want to send an alert when an entry in one cell changes. I set up a column using Yes and No options (default is blank) so that when someone chooses Yes it would alert me (I'm only using my own email address while testing/learning). I've tried over many days to change various cells to Yes, and to alter the automation formula a bit, but have not yet received an email.

I also set up a column using check boxes to alert me when it changes to checked, but that hasn't worked either. Obviously I'm missing something in the automation tool! How can I make this work? Thanks!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Well what do you know, I changed both of those and now both automations sent me an email! Don't know why they didn't work before because I've been getting emails from other automations. But oh well, I'm happy now, Thank you! :)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå

I am trying to trigger for outside collaborators to receive an "Alert" when I check a box. Are "Alerts for in-house collaborators (with seats or login's?)  I am trying to send 200+ different clients their deliverables via smartsheets. I am attempting to send them an automatic email providing them with their line item and attached documents. Am I sending the wrong notification to the wrong collaborator type? Can the average "blind" collaborator receive an "Alert" notification based on a check box? or does that have to be sent as approval or update requests to those people?

Note: The notifications are not working even for me as the contact and I am the main administrator of the entire company.

Thanks so much!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sarah_lee123

No, it can send to anyone, but it is possible depends on the permission settings.

To have an alert include the attachment. It has to be triggered by it. As a workaround, you could the update request feature because then the attachment can be included.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I am having the same issue. I set up an automation to send an email to myself and one other teammate when the % complete changes to 100% when triggered. Neither of us are getting email notifications. We've made sure our settings have Email as checked and I've updated the automation setting to Unrestricted, but still no emails. Is there a delay?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Denise Heffron

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!