Date Field not editable in Dynamic Views

btaylor52651
btaylor52651 ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

i have a date field that won't is not editable in dynamic view and it is not a calculated field. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

Answers

• Several fields from my sheet are not showing up as filter fields. Is there some field type that are not available?

• Genevieve, Thanks so much for the information, it was very helpful.

Brent

• @Genevieve P Piggy back riding on this question ☺

I have a similar situation, end date field in the DV is showing as read-only, and l am trying to pinpoint it to the Project Settings, as the field was working fine before the setup was modified (this is a shared sheet and this setting update was done to collect metrics) this is what the column setting looks like (same for Start and Finish Date):

Thanks!

• Thanks for the details! I appreciate it.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @srangel

Yes, you are correct! The reason your "Onboarding (Internal Finish Date)" cell is greyed out in Dynamic View is because its the "Field is from a Gantt End Date Column" from the options listed above.

You can see this in your first screen capture: under the "Date Range Display" heading, this same column is selected for the "End Date Column".

• mkilci
    mkilci ✭✭✭✭

Hello. I have the same issue. How do I fix this so the greyed out field is editable in the Dynamic view?

Thanks

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @mkilci

It will depend on what field it is that's greyed out... which one of the criteria below does it meet?

Some fields may not be editable depending on their data type or the information in the cell. The following conditions make a field read-only in Dynamic View:

Field is from a System Column

Field is from a Gantt End Date Column

Field is from a Gantt Predecessor Column

Cell in source sheet contains a formula

Cell in source sheet contains an inbound cell-link

Cell in source sheet contains a Hyperlink

It's likely that you'll want to create a new column to gather the different data via Dynamic view, instead of changing the current column in the sheet. You can read more in our Help Center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2478391