Automated Workflow Emails Look Like Span

JoeS
JoeS ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Can I change the heading of an automated workflow email so it does not look so much like spam? I would prefer it to look like I sent the email and not the automated system.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to change anything about the emails except the message, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Don Young
    Don Young ✭✭✭✭

Hi Joe,

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to or not, but you can customize automated alerts and update requests;

In the workflow editor, you can click customize message on the logic block for the alert or request. You can then type in whatever you want for the subject line and body. Here's the neat part; if you want the subject line or body to reflect the item that the notification refers to use "{{Field Name}}". This is case sensitive.

Ex. I have an action tracking sheet where I want to notify people when they have a new item assigned. I want to let them know what the action is and the due date in the subject line so they don't even have to open the email.

So in the subject line field of the alert logic block in the workflow builder, I type;

New Action Assigned; {{Action}} due on {{Due Date}}

I hope you find this useful!

Regards,

Don