Best way to automate sending a row attachment to an outside client?

For each job my business completes, we record the job and all information in a single row. Once the job is complete a report is generated with Smartsheet merge in Google Docs and saved to the specific row for the job which also includes the client's contact email. Regardless of how the attachment arrives at the sheet row, so far I have not found a tasteful way to automatically send this report to a client's email without manually sending or "alerting" them with the limited actions under the automated triggers workflow. Is there a better way?

To be clear I have tried:

1) Click the drop-down arrow next to the row number that you want to send and select Send. -Is there a way to automate this function?

2) Automated workflow- Action set to Alert Someone- Sends a busy looking email notifying of the change triggered by me clicking my "send report to client" check box. Would like the email to look more like the option 1 email.

So in summary, I like the look of the email from option 1 but cannot find a way to automate it without using the alert feature of option 2. Any ideas? Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Elliot,

Have you tried limiting the columns that are included when you send the Alert from the Workflow?

Can you maybe share some screenshots of what you consider busy? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.