Can you edit an existing template?

Seems crazy to always have to create as new.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Claire,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to edit a Smartsheet Template, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added

As a possible workaround, you could either create a copy of the template and save it as a master sheet, or when you want to make any changes, you could make a copy and replace it.

Usually, I use a regular sheet as templates instead in my client solution because I often use a structure that wouldn't be included in the Smartsheet Template.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Claire

as you appreciate Smartsheet Templates are not as helpful as we need sometimes, but by keeping a "Template of best Practice" for that project type.... in a folder then is is easy to initiate new projects or workflows because you can include Dashboards and Reports and with some simple renaming you have just what you need. If you would like us to show you these benefits we can set up a free screenshare meeting? We have a whole range of user workarounds to maximise Smartsheet so just ask?

Hope that helps?

Richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com