Exporting a shipping template? Smartsheet to PDF?

I've come across an article that offers shipping invoice templates – https://www.smartsheet.com/shipping-packing-templates

After downloading the free template, you are taken to the Smartsheet breakdown which makes sense to plug in the info. But, I do not understand how to go from the Smartsheet to an external facing invoice?

Is there a "download as PDF" option that populates the spreadsheets info into a customer friendly document?

This community discussion feature is incredibly useful, so thank you all for your help and advice.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/14/20

Hi Mark,

You can save as pdf, but I don't know how it would look. Not sure which template it is. For some reason, I can't add them to Smartsheet.

I had a similar need for a client recently for a Board Management solution where we exported it to Google Sheets and then removed the spreadsheet lines, and that worked perfectly.

There might be other options, as well. Connect it to Google Docs and more.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.