Sheet ownership was transferred without a request

I believe there was a side effect to a mistake I did. Our structure is one workspace for all of our projects, with each project in a separate folder. I mistakenly removed sharing of my coworkers at the sheet level that were shared at the work space level. When I did this it removed their access from the entire workspace. As a side effect I am now the owner of all the sheets in all of the folders in the workspace. Is this intended design? Can ownership be restored back to what it was before I made the mistake without individual requests?

Best Answers

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Dale,

Not sure if it’s possible to restore it to how it was.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team. Smartsheet Support Team

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to share the person you intend to make the owner to the sheet itself as ADMIN. Then you will have the option to transfer ownership of the sheet to them. This would have to be done on the individual item level though.

• Dale Heincelman
    Dale Heincelman ✭✭✭✭✭

Will they have to request to be made owner? I do no see an potion for me to transfer without them initiating a request.

• Dale Heincelman
    Dale Heincelman ✭✭✭✭✭

**I do not see an option for me to transfer without them initiating a request.

• Dale Heincelman
    Dale Heincelman ✭✭✭✭✭

yes that works only if shared at sheet level.. as they are already shared from workspace as admin you have to add them again at the sheet level as the option "Make Owner" does not appear if they are shared at the workspace level. My guess is that it would make them owner of the Workspace (if it were there).