Is there a way to stop 100% completed tasks still showing in Resource Views

We use Resource Views to show capacity loading for each department in our factory. Not sure if this is possible, but it would make sense to me if when tasks allocated to a particular resource were marked 100% complete they would no longer show/contribute to the loading of that resource.

If a completed task dropped off the resource loading as soon as it was 100% (or reduced by the % complete factor) then you could see if each resource was up to date or how much they were falling behind.

Interested to know if there is a way to do this?

Answers

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi Mark

This may well be possible using the automation tools in your workflow to eg Archive completed work away?

Happy to discuss this on a screenshare if you want to explore this further?

Regards

RichardR@smarterbusinessprocesses.com

• Hello Richard,

Yes i did thing of that, but each job or project can take up to 2 weeks to go through our production and will have a number of different resources allocated to it. We like to keep the whole job as a "family" while it is traveling through production and archive it off once it has been dispatched, so don't like the idea of shifting off lines from within a "job".

One option would be to use automation to clear who the task is assigned to once that line/task is 100% complete. Presume this could be done? Wouldn't account for tasks partially completed, but would be a help.

A screenshare would be helpful to discuss further if that was possible

Regards,

Mark

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mark Suckling,

The third-party service, Zapier, is an excellent option for this scenario. Is that an option for you?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mark

we like a challenge :) we have a team of 15 Smartsheet wizards and at our monthly meeting we share client challenges that are in need of a great solution, so if we can arrange a Screen share before Friday this week, i'll put this out to the team, see what they come back with?

Can you email me with a good time to do a zoom? (free discussion , no obligation whatsoever)

richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com