Is the Docusign Integration Bidirectional?

Mary_A
Mary_A ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Can anyone tell me if the Docusign Integration is Bidrectional or not?

Use Case

Present users with a Docusign form which ask them to read a waiver and enter three pieces of information:

• Name
  • Email
  • Event identifier

And then sign the form. We want the data from the three fields to populate a Smartsheet grid and then attach the signed form to the corresponding row.

This is the docusign feature we are looking at leveraging: https://www.docusign.com/features-and-benefits/features/powerforms

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mary,

Unfortunately, it's not bidirectional. It goes from Smartsheet to DocuSign only, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added

As a possible workaround, you could use the integration and initiate it from Smartsheet and then use a third-party integration like Zapier to collect the additional data. (Untested) Is that an option?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mary_A
    Mary_A ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Andree,

Thanks for the response. That is a possibility but doesn't sound really robust to maintain. I suppose I could set up some zaps to test it. Thank you for the suggestion.

BTW, the way, I would love it if I could vote for enhancements already logged with Smartsheet, the ability to vote up existing enhancements would save me a lot of time. I have submitted the suggestion to allow voting as an enhancement request.😀Implementing such an enhancement would be a great way for the Smartsheet team to tell its community that it values our time, wouldn't it?

Mary

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Yes, I agree that the voting on already logged enhancement would be an excellent feature.

Remember! Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I was just curious if it was still the case that docusign->smartsheet integration was not bi-directional (i.e. data could not be pulled from a completed docusign form into the smartsheet row). Thank you for your help! I know a potential workaround would be to have a separate smartsheet form for recipients to fill out, and that data could be mapped onto a docusign template, but was looking for something that was integrated in one step.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Aaron McNeil

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, Yes, in general, it's one-way at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

There might be a possible solution/workaround.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Did you ever integrate Docusign Powerforms? I am currently trying to set this up but am confused on how to integrate the powerforms part.