if blank and if not blank then display a word

Options

We are trying to do a check in and out smartsheet for the people on our team that travel a lot. We have incorporated Google Forms (because Smartsheet Forms is extremely limited) so that we can restrict who sees the Smartsheet. So each person has a link to their own editable google form so that they can edit their own line as many times as they want and constantly update where they are at. So what I need is.

1. Formula that says when someone is "Available" or "Not Available"
  2. I have currently: =IF(ISBLANK([On Job]@row), "Available", IF(NOT(ISBLANK([On Job]@row, "Not Available"))))
  3. I get the #INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET error when I put anything into the "On Job" column

Any help would be much appreciated!

Answers

• Billy-Rock
    Options

UPDATE: was able to use this formula to make this work - =IF(ISBLANK([On Job]@row), "Available", "Not Available"

1. Now I want to add on "if off job is not blank then say "Available"

Any more guidance would be much apprecaited

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Billy-Rock

You can add this in by using an OR function, that will let the formula know that if either of these criteria are met, return "Available". Try this:

=IF(OR(ISBLANK([On Job]@row), NOT(ISBLANK([Off Job]@row))), "Available", "Not Available")

This will look at either of the criteria. If you want to specify that both of these need to be met, you can change the OR to AND. (See here for more information on OR).

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!