Resources are not always showing up Resource Views

Richard Heath
Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've been successfully utilising the Resource Views capability for 6 months. Today I noticed that a number of Workspaces are not reporting through to the Resource Views. Each workspace our company uses, utilises a simple Gant Chart with Resource Allocation to tasks. It has been successful to-date.

An example is below

When I review the Resource Views, this Project (P17280 - above) doesn't show under either AL or VB's name - below is VB's resource view. This is despite clearly having Allocation against each resource.

However, when I select the Resource Icon in the indivual Workspaces Resource Gantt Chart, it picks up the correct (all) projects that VB is allocated to; in this case P17280 is included.

Can anyone suggest why indiviual Resource Sheets are picking up correct data, but not Resource Views?

I'm stumped.

Best Answers

• Richard Heath
    Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Andree,

I've interogated this issue a little more.

It all comes down to the Selectable Date function and the fact that Resource Views will only return a result if a Resource has any time (% Allocated) in the selected time period.

My selection defaults to today's date, so I wasn't seeing anything from the past. If a sheet's Resource doesn't have any % Allocation in the period selected, rather than showing Zero or Nil, Resource Views simply doesn't import any data from the Workspace. A little confusing if your not expecting it to work this way.

Answers