How do I get the Web Content in my Dashboard to print or save as a PDF?

My Google Sheet shows up in my dashboard with no issue but when I try to save as a PDF and or print the section with my web content widget is blank. How do I get the Web Content in my Dashboard to print or save as a PDF?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Rebecca,

Can you provide a screen capture of what you are seeing in the PDF vs. the actual dashboard (blocking out any sensitive data)? I've tested this and when I embed a Google Sheet in a dashboard with the Web Content widget, the exported PDF shows a window to the Google Sheet content (it will only show as much as the widget allows, but the content is there).

As an alternative, you could take a screen capture of how the dashboard looks in Smartsheet, which will create an image file of exactly what you see. Let me know if this would work for your purposes.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hello Genevive, thanks for the help. Please see attached of what I see when I try to print. The area showing the Google Sheet is just blank. When I view on the dashboard it shows up just fine.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Rebecca,

My apologies! I completely misread you question and was testing with a Google Doc not a Google Sheet.

We don't currently have the functionality to print a Google Sheet in this way - please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

If the content in the Dashboard does not need to be editable, you may want to use an Image widget instead, with the Advanced Options being that when the image is clicked on, it will take the user to the Google Sheet URL.