Card View Functionality on Sights View

When working within a Dashboard, if I drag a card from one lane to another (Uncategorized to In Progress for example) does that information populate and work on the underlying sheet?

Right now on the dashboard when I drag the card from one lane to another it updates the status (by adding "In Progress" text etc) and when I close and reload the dashboard the card is displayed in the correct lane with the correct status. However, when I go to the sheet itself the "In Progress" text is in the status column in grid view, but the card is in the Uncategorized lane in the Card View.

I'm hoping to allow the team to work off the Dashboard without having to change status in the underlying sheet manually.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/12/20 Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes, as long as you save what you do in the Dashboard, it will show in the sheet.

The sheet in the Dashboard is the actual sheet, so everything you do will show in the sheet as well.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers