Integrations with Hubspot

Options
Jerry Lenzo
Jerry Lenzo ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Our Sales team is using Hubspot. I am looking for advice on integrating Hubspot with Smartsheet.

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Jerry,

Except for being a Smartsheet Partner, I'm also a HubSpot Partner.

What do you want to do?

Can you describe your process in more detail?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• William Welch
    Options

Hi Andree, thank you for offering your assistance.

Each Monday we use a 3rd party application called import2 wizard to export our deals and the most recent note associated with each, captured in the column titled "Support/Process to Close".

We have been using import2 wizard because that is the only way we have been able to extract the most recent note from the deal.  The note field is where our sales team enters their most recent update for inclusion in the weekly executive report.   

We also capture standard data such as the Deal Name, Deal Stage, Deal Amount, Close Date and Salesperson.

This data is exported into an Excel document which gets formatted and sent to our Executive Management.

Now that we are using Smartsheet we are curious if there is a way to integrate with HubSpot to facilitate this weekly report.  It would be even more ideal to completely automate this report. 

Please let me know if you require further detail.

Thank you,

William Welch

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/25/20
    Options

@Jerry Lenzo & @William Welch

Happy to help!

I don't think that you need the Import2 Wizard because we could create a report and export that instead and then import it to Smartsheet. 

It might also be possible to do it automatically with the Zapier. The only thing I'm unsure of with Zapier is the recent note part.

Is the recent note in the deal area or the contact/company area?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• William Welch
    Options

It has been over a year since we began using import2 wizard so we were hoping there were now some alternate options or updated HubSpot ability.

I did look at Zapier briefly but didn't understand how it worked.  I requested a demo but was advised they do not give them.

The note is entered directly into the deal area and we are only concerned with the last entered note.

William

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@William Welch,

Ok, I think that we can make it work with Zapier. I'll have a look and test it and get back to you!

• I'm also interested in this, wondering if you were able to get it working.

Andrew

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrew Cuskelly

Do you want to do the exact same thing or something else?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Jillian Amyot
    Jillian Amyot ✭✭
    edited 11/17/20
    Options

Hey @Jerry Lenzo, an alternative to automations with Zapier, is integrating Hubspot and Smartsheet, with a company I work for, Unito. That way, you can create a 2 way flow of information across both platforms, and neither you or the sales team needs to leave either to get your work done! If you want a comparison between Unito and Zapier, I'll include an article that will help you pick which is the right one for you. Hope that helps!

https://bit.ly/36KhCs7

• intechoutreach
    Options

Hello, I'm trying to integrate our Hubspot contacts and companies with Smartsheet but I'm not sure how to get the data to move/go on a sheet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @intechoutreach

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use the Operations Hub in HubSpot to connect HubSpot and Smartsheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• intechoutreach
    Options

Thank you! I think I have connected them but when I select sync, I'm not sure where the information is supposed to be syncing to since I have not set up sheets yet or directed which sheet to send the information to.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/18/22
    Options

@intechoutreach

Happy to help!

You'd have to select what you'd like to connect from HubSpot to Smartsheet.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Jerry Lenzo
    Options

We have moved to Sales Force

• David Gatto
    Options

There is a Smartsheet connector for Amazon AppFlow  https://docs.aws.amazon.com/appflow/latest/userguide/connectors-smartsheet.html that can store your Smartsheet data to HubSpot and other destinations.

• Jim B
    Jim B ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Andrée Starå, Hope you can help with this one.

I'm working on a Smartsheet-Hubspot integration to allow us to create and update Hubspot Deals via Smartsheet. I have a zap that pushes new Smartsheet rows into Hubspot as Deals and it is working as expected.

The same zap has a final step where the Hubspot Deal ID for the newly created Deal is pushed back to a dedicated column in the new row in Smartsheet. Meaning both Hubspot and Smartsheet hold unique IDs for deals/rows in either platform.

The objective with this final step is to provide a relatable ID to call when a row is updated and the changes are to be applied to a Hubspot deal. The ID I am using is called the Hubspot ID in Smartsheet. It's equivalent is the Record ID in Hubspot

In Zapier I am calling the Hubspot ID in the Object ID field but the zap won't run and I keep getting a 'resource not found' error.

Am I missing a step?

Or am I using the wrong ID in the Object ID field?

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.