Is there a way to set up Cumulative Roll Up Notification Emails

We have a large team all working within a workspace, and they already get a TON of email.

Is there a way to set up a single daily notification for new items assigned to team members, without it being an email for each sheet?

We have about 10 sheets that are being used, so would prefer not to see users getting 10 emails. they will stop checking...

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jon,

Would it work to use a report instead?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jon Stikka
    Jon Stikka ✭✭✭

a report would work if you could do an automated daily pushed "current user" report so each team member would see new items assigned to them, but I don't believe you can do that. Unless I created a custom new tasks report for each user, then set up daily sends on each... that is a bit cumbersome to maintain though. I could put a report like this on our "current user" team dashboard, but that's not what we are trying to achieve.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

You can do that.

You would set the reports Who? criteria to current user and schedule a recurring Send as an Attachment Process. 

The team members could either get it as a PDF or an Excel file, but they can also open up the report to see it "live" if you'd like.

Would that work?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jon Stikka
    Jon Stikka ✭✭✭

I had asked if that was a possibility during the user conference in Seattle and the DEV team said that current user report can't generate based on the users selected for a recurring auto send email.

I'll give it a shot to test out though.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm mistaken then. Please let me know if it works for you or not.

• Jon Stikka
    Jon Stikka ✭✭✭

I created the current user tasks report and set up an automated delivery (via the "send as an attachment" option) to a colleague. He's forwarded the report to me, and the pdf he received is my task report. I believe the logic for generating the report cannot extend to the email addresses you add in the "send as an attachment" action from the file menu. perhaps I am setting it up incorrectly...

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

I'll get back to you if I come to think of something else.

As a possible workaround, you could create a report for each team member.

Would that work?

• Hello Smartsheet community!

We’re hoping to get some guidance and see what's possible. Our staff would like to get notified of all past due tasks in a single aggregated email reminder (they get too many emails, so aggregated information is essential). 

Here's what we think our ideal scenario is, but any guidance would be much appreciated.

1) Create "Past Due" Reports, per user (for us, this is filtered tasks showing items that don't have a completion date and a due date past today).

2) Weekly on Monday morning, if there are any items in that past due report (in each individual’s report), then send that individual an email link to their specific report or sheet (live, not PDF or Excel) – so that they can easily update and add completion dates for their tasks). If that individual doesn’t have any past due items (their Past Due Report is empty/has no items), then don’t send anything to that user.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Is this possible?

Best,

Spencer

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!