View each assigned person's queue in the Card View

AHT
AHT ✭✭
edited 06/11/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi everyone,

I am new to Smartsheet so I could really use your help. I have created a request/intake form for our team. As requests come in, multiple people are assigned to each. I want to be able to view each assigned person's queue in the Card view. However, I am only able to see View by Status of the request (in progress or closed). How can I also View by Assigned? I am struggling to add different viewing options in the Cards.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Tyler12345
    Tyler12345 ✭✭✭

Fairly sure you just have to select the right view. Can you verify that you have selected "View by Assigned to" drop down? Example in my first screenshot.

My second screenshot shows what card view looks like if I select "View by Status" drop down option.

You can select any column to sort card view by using that button.

You can also edit lanes on card view by clicking the "Edit Lanes..." option in the same menu.

Hope this helps, if not feel free to post more information to clarify what I got wrong.

• AHT
    AHT ✭✭

Thank you so much. The problem is that I am not able to get anything else but "View by Status". There is no other dropdown available for other views. I am not sure how to set it up so that I can get other views.

This is all I see below (attachment). How do I add other "View by" options? Also, requests can be assigned to more than one person on my team. The screenshot above and any other examples I have seen on Smartsheet correspond to one assigned person per request. I don't know if that is messing things up.

• AHT
    AHT ✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå - Yes, that is exactly the issue. I was thinking along those lines and you have confirmed it. Thank you so much! I will submit an enhancement request.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Depending on your specifics, it could be possible to make it work by using a couple of helper columns. How many different people can there be?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• AHT
    AHT ✭✭

Thank you so much! Any given request is assigned from 1-4 people usually (all handling different tasks). Could you please give me more information on helper columns? Thank you!

• I ran into the same issue where I could only view by status. If you un-check the "Allow multiple contacts per cell" for the "Assigned To" column properties, then "Assigned To" now shows up as an option to view by.

• Mehran Bagherian
    Mehran Bagherian ✭✭✭✭✭

@AHT

Hi there,

When you are assigning multiple people to a task, you will not be able to see "Assigned to" in Card view section. You need to un-check "Allow multiple contact per cell" on the "assigned to" column, and assign single resource (not multiple) to tasks. then it works.