Formula for % of checked boxes

I'm requesting help to create a formula that will calculate the % of the checked boxes that are checked vs unchecked for calendar year with a project status of complete?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Alisia,

You could use a COUNTIF formula to count all the "Complete" rows.

Then you could do two other formulas, each a COUNTIFS formula (plural, for the two criteria), that counts if the box is checked and if the status in that row is "Complete".

Then you divide the result of that formula from the original count to get the percentage of each, and compare.

You could combine the first count with the second to build it in one formula, but I would suggest to start to do three separate formulas, then calculate your percentage separately from the results, as it will give you a better overview of counts as well.

Here are the Help Center articles for both functions: COUNTIF function / COUNTIFS function

If you need help creating these, it would be useful to see a screen capture of your sheet with the column names (please block out any sensitive data), as well as specifying if you want it to be a cross-sheet formula or in the same sheet (perhaps in a Sheet Summary field, if you have this capability?)

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Thank you, I was able to get it to work with the CountIfs.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Awesome! Glad to hear it :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!