Report? Summery Count of rows

I have a sheet that bring in once a week that has our available units and extra data. I need a report to look a this data and return a count of how many units per building are available.

Data coming in: Building | Unit Number | Rent Ready |....

I need a report to return

Building | Number of available units (count number of times a record for each building is Rent Ready)

I'm lost with this, I can manually enter each building, and then have a count, but the report I get out of our system varies what buildings are included. I need something that automatically returns the building names.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Xander,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Xander Brennan
    edited 03/04/20

This is my sheet that I copy out of an excel document provided once a week to us:

I need a report to look a this and return rows like:

108th - 825, 829 & 833 E 108th St Los Angeles, CA 90059 | 4

11th Ave #2 - 6821 11th Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90043 | 1

11th Ave - 6812 11th Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90043 | 2

etc

The building will vary by report, so it needs to automatically pull the Property name

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.

We'd either need to use an area in the sheet or a so-called Master Metric Sheet to count the different options.

Then we'll use that to create the report as needed.

Would that work?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!