Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Setting start date for Calendar

Hi, I've just started using Smartsheet so hoping it will do all the things I need.

My chart calendar starts in September 2014 even though all the things on my chart are from March 2015, how do I fix this, I don't want to have to move the bar along every time

thanks Karen

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I believe you are are talking ablou the Gantt chart view?  If so in the Gantt Chart Settings (cog symbole top bar left corner of Gantt Chart) there is an option to open to current date ubder Timeline Display..

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 06/01/15

JamesR suggestion of setting the Gantt chart to open to todays date will fix this for you but it sounds like you may have a task that was scheduled for September 2014 (possibly by mistake). I would check the dates in your sheet or scroll through your Gantt chart and see if there are any Gantt bars that go back that to September 2014.

• Is there a way to not have the ganyy chat open to today's date, but open to 5 days before today's date? I want to easily see which items have not been completed by the they are assigned, and don't want to have to scroll on the gannt side of the sheet.

Thanks!

• Claire, there isn't a way to open the Gantt chart to five days before todays date... Your best bet will be to open the sheet then scroll slightly to the left in the Gantt

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Claire,

This sound like a job for conditional formatting, involving a calculation based on the comparison of the end date and todays date and the % complete column. The result could be used to conditionaly format any tasks that have not been completed by thier due date or could use a symbol field to Flag them.  You would then not need to sctroll the Gantt chart.

• Thanks, James. Yes, I already have some conditional formatting in use - changing the color of text, and flagging them, I was just hoping for one more visualy representative element with the gantt.

• JamesR's suggestion worked for me!  Thanks!  I was so tired of scrolling right.  The setting wheel was a little hard to find but it is there if you scroll all the way to the left (start date) of the gantt.

This discussion has been closed.