How are you using Smartsheet to help you homeschool during COVID-19 closures?

Dana Esquivel
Dana Esquivel ✭✭
edited 06/16/22 in Smartsheet Basics

We've been celebrating the social distancing brought on by mandatory office closures and work from home has been great! Meaningless meetings have been cancelled. Chatty Kathy hasn't been stopping by our desks with distractions four times per day. We've been getting a ton of work done without ever changing out of our pjs! Until today, when it all changed, because my 10 year old's school is closed and I'm responsible for teaching him. 😬🤯😭 When we got this news I was not only scared about my productivity lowering, but terrified that I would fail my child over the next three weeks.

Then my brain sparked-- Smartsheet has always proven to turn problems into incredible opportunities so why not use it to guarantee my son and I succeed? I knew I needed a Smartsheet dashboard to keep us on track, hold us accountable, and provide us easy access to our old educational favorites. I also wanted to link to some new educational websites because I knew I'd hear a lot of "I'm bored" over the next few weeks. We put together our daily schedule in a Smartsheet, used Sheet Summary to gather some key metrics, imported a list of hundreds of free (or temporarily free during closures) from this website: http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com to filter and sort by topic, and we were ready for our first day. By 2 p.m. my son said he enjoyed today better than going to school (he's a school-loving kid) which made my year! And because it was all available for him on his Smartsheet dashboard, I still got a ton done!

How are you using Smartsheet to help homeschool your kids during school closures? I've attached screenshots of our dashboard and would love to collaborate with others! Share your ideas with the community so we can help support each other through this difficult time.

Request access to a copy of our homeschool workspace here: https://app.smartsheet.com/workspaces/vR7jh2qhPfVw5qfHJQcMXr8Qv7Pw486V7Vp3C4M1

Comments