(New User) Creating a report from Multiple sheets under workspace

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a report that can be sent via email on a weekly basis consisting of the information listed in the attached. I am thinking there must be a way i can get these sheets to be emailed in pdf to myself once its updated by the required person. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks Genevieve. I was able to create the report needed.

I am wondering now how can i go about creating a master file of all of the product names summarized from the individual sheets. I am thinking another report; however I am getting the same name repeating multiple times, any suggestions?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Sherrelle,

I'm glad that helped! In regards to gathering all the product names, do you mean you want to pull all the names from all of your sheets, but if there's a duplicate only display one?

As you've found, Reports will show you all of the rows across different sheets that meet your criteria, so if the same product is listed on multiple sheets it will bring each of these in as individual rows. There isn't currently a way to combine these through a Report.

Will these product name columns be updated over time, or is this your static list of products? You could copy/paste these names into one large sheet then use a formula to check for duplicates and delete them (or Sort the sheet alphabetically and then delete duplicate names).

Then if you were looking to combine data for each product (such as an overall QTY to be ordered), you could use a cross-sheet SUMIF formula to add together all of the quantities across your many sheets for that one specific product. Is that what you were looking to do?

• Hello

I am trying to send a report weekly. The above sounds great. One question, is the timezone UTC for the trigger? I tried a 12:00PM send and it was not sent. We are in MDT... Wondering if this made a difference in receiving the report.

Thanks!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 03/22/24

Hey @BrannonChurch

The time should be based on your personal settings in your Smartsheet profile - can you check to ensure the timezone in your account is set to MDT?

Profile > Personal Settings > Settings > Time Zone

• Thank you! Time Zone was off by a few hours. : )