Managing working parent and "homeschooling"

@crystalrmorey
@crystalrmorey Employee
edited 06/16/22 in Smartsheet Basics

As a single mom- and full-time employee, COVID-19 brought unique challenges to our household. I both wanted to keep my kid's education progressing while maintaining progress at work. I quickly realized we needed a schedule to maintain sanity. I created a template to schedule our days. I'm a week in and finding a lot of success with this template.

Our routine goes something like this- the night before, my kids and I sit down and together make their schedule. Then, when 8 AM hits, we start our schedule. They have to be self-sufficient (mostly) while I work so we pick activities that keep them engaged, busy and learning. We try to balance play and learning with a few brain breaks for them to call friends and keep connected with others (my kids are 8 and 10 and are finding joy video conferencing).

In case it can help anyone else, I created a link to my template. You can get a copy by clicking on the link below:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/launch?lx=Zq7DD9O25v6SBjXOctjtXuqKwon7W423t4KaXJloEug

Let me know what you think and if it is helpful for you!

Comments