Smartsheet formula

Hi

Can you please suggest me with a formula that carries out the following function for me:

IF %column = 100%, "Complete"

IF%column = >25% and <=99%, "In Progress"

IF %column = <25% "At Risk"

IF %column = blank, i.e. no value then "Postponed"

Best Answer

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭

Hello there Amanda, replace "PercentageComplete1" with whatever your column's name is (%column you referenced above). Let me know if this works, and if it does, please mark this as "Answered" below.

=IF(PercentageComplete1 = 1,"Complete", IF(AND(PercentageComplete1 < 0.25, PercentageComplete1 > 0), "At Risk", IF(AND(PercentageComplete1 > 0.25, PercentageComplete1 <= 99), "In Progress", IF(PercentageComplete1 = "","Postponed"))))

Thanks,

Brett Wyrick 🧔

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• @Brett Wyrick Hi! It didn't really work. I get an incorrect argument message as soon as I enter the formula formula. Can you see what's wrong?

P.S. I have entered %complete = 0 in the last part of the formula because I would like the last part to check if percentage column = 0 then enter postponed.

=IF([% Complete]3 = 1, "Complete", IF(AND([% Complete]3 < 0.25, [% Complete]3 > 0, "At Risk", IF(AND([% Complete]3 > 0.25, [% Complete]3 <= 99), "In Progress", IF([% Complete]3 = 0, "Postponed")))))

A quick response will be greatly appreciated!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!