Move multiple widgets at the same time

ddjerin
ddjerin
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I keep running into an issue on Dashboards where if I add a new widget in the middle of the dashboard and resize, the other widgets just stay in their place. I then have to move each widget below to get the spacing correct.

Is there a way to select and move multiple widgets at the same time?

Thanks!

Comments

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

It does actually work, but there is a catch.

Smartsheet provides some "error correction", whereby it doesn't start moving elements around the Dashboard unless it is sure you intend to do so.

Try this:

1. Stretch the Widget down the page (slowly) and without letting go of the left mouse button until the elements underneath move.
    2. Then move the cursor back up near where it was when the Widget was at it's original size (again keep hold of the mouse button).
    3. Now you are free to resize and the elements below will move accordingly.

It sounds complex, but once you get the hang of it, the whole process is easy and becomes second nature.

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

• Chris,

I tried what you are saying. Please see the attached pictures. 

I have a report that is too long. I do as you say and stretch the widget, but when I bring it back up, the bottom widgets don't move closer than where they were originally leaving a gap.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Smartsheet_WidgetMoved.PNG

Smartsheet_WidgetOriginal.PNG

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you certain you're not letting go of the mouse button when you stretch it?

If you let go of the mouse button, Smartsheet records it as a change and adjust the position of the elements below the widget you were resizing. If you then resize the widget to a smaller size, the elements below will not move with it.

• Same problem here. It moves it down. But not back up again

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JC Du Preez

Hi,

Unfortunately, I've noticed this as well.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.