Auto fill from a another sheet

Is there a way to autofill from one sheet to another.

Example:

I have data on one sheet and I am creating a % on another sheet.

So I am linking the cells and dividing by a number in my % sheet.

Is there a way to "drag" the data from the original sheet, so that I dont have to link every single cell individually?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can link cells in groups as long as the two groups are of the same size and shape. So if you select a 13 x 15 group of cells, you can link them all at the same time so long as the group you select to link from is also a 13 x 15 group.

• I figured out how to link the entire row from one sheet to the other, but in creating the link information how do you then create a formula? The cell linking icon only inputs the data to the new sheet, but doesnt give you the option to create a formula with that data.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. Ok. So you are actually not wanting to create cell links, but formulas containing cross sheet references.

Start typing your desired formula:

=COUNTIFS(

There should be a link in the helper box that appears below where you are typing that says something along the lines of "Reference Another Sheet". Click on it.

A pop-up window will appear. Select the sheet you want to reference from the left, then select the range you want to reference (to select an entire column, click on the column header). Once you have selected your range, click on the link in the bottom right corner that says "Insert Reference".

It will take you back to the sheet you are working in, and you should now see:

=COUNTIFS({Other Sheet Name Range 1}

Then you would just continue on with your formula as normal following the appropriate steps to create new cross sheet references as needed.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!