Time Formats - Number formats - Rethinking the UX and function
Having an entire dialog for text and number formats would make much more sense to me.. combine the currency, percentage, thousands and decimal places into it's own dialog box.
We really NEED a way to save and modify the formatting of common things. So as to have them available and globally modifiable across workspaces.
- People need to punch into and out of a task.
- the "start hour" may be 07 and the "start minute" might be 04
- currently Smartsheet adds an apostrophe to the beginning of each
- so I'm essentially trying to use '07 and '04 as numbers and any formulas that use this information will break.
- I change the text/number formatting from Hour-military (00-23) to Hour-standard (12am - 12pm) within a dialog box and save the format to the workspace as "TaskHourFormat"
- Now, if a user inputs 04, it's understood to be 4am, if they enter 6p it's understood by Smartsheet to be 6pm
Advanced text formatting (like making a "Title" format that capitalizes and bolds letters and bolds numbers) and the ability to use the same format across the workspace would really make this a more polished platform.
If any of this is way off-base or just doesn't make sense, let me know. (workspace-wide conditional formatting would be very useful too)