Drop down list with hierarchy

I want to create 2 related drop down list, For example, first column drop down "A, B , C" choice, 2nd column have "A1, A2, B3, B4, C5, C6. When I choose "A" in 1st column, only "A1, A2" can be chosen in 2nd column.

Is ti possible?

Thanks.

Daniel

Best Answer

Answers

• Daniel TANG
    Daniel TANG ✭✭✭

Thank you for the answer, Genevieve. Hope Smartsheet could develop this feature soon, I already submit this request.

• This is also a feature that I need, in addition to being able to dynamically create a drop down list based on the entries of a column in the same or other sheet.

• John Plecki
    John Plecki ✭✭✭

I agree with Rebeca. The ability to only change the entries for a drop down list in the edit column feature is so 1990's. Please create the enhancement. The ability to make changes, for example of a contact list, across many sheets would be amazing. I have members being added, switching or leaving teams on a consistent basis. If I were to have a single source on one sheet would be amazing.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Any update on this topic? Is there an enhancement request out there to get this functionality available?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!