Capture metric each day and add to new row

I have a number of Harvey ball metrics (count of red, yellow, green tasks) and things that change every day. I haven't really seen any way to capture and store these each day at a particular time (or hourly, weekly, monthly). Anyone have a good solution for it?

Example of metrics I'm collecting on-the-fly from Control Center summary sheets... would love to be able to graph the health over time.. day by day.

Best Answer

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The only way currently to convert a cell with a formula to a static cell is the copy/move workflows. You can set up a sheet to receive these, create a column that forces a change every day in the rows you want transferred even if there isn't a change in the data (example would be a =today() formula dragged down) and use that as criteria for the workflow.

Then base your charts off the historical data sheet.

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The only way currently to convert a cell with a formula to a static cell is the copy/move workflows. You can set up a sheet to receive these, create a column that forces a change every day in the rows you want transferred even if there isn't a change in the data (example would be a =today() formula dragged down) and use that as criteria for the workflow.

Then base your charts off the historical data sheet.

• Ezra
    Ezra ✭✭✭

I had completely forgotten about that workflow! Thanks!

Built the sheet that captures the data each day, made a couple reports to look at different ranges of time... and added some sample data to make sure it displays what I need.. perfect :)

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

NP Glad it worked for you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!