Sharing to organization

Hello!

I was wondering, is it possible to share a Smartsheet Report to everyone in the organization for editing? I'm using the 'Current User' Report parameter to limit what the user is looking at and what can be edited. But updating User Groups when people leave the organization or new users are hired has become very time consuming.

Thanks for any advice,

Sean

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sean,

Yes, it’s possible, but they would need to have the right permissions and be shared with the underlining sheets.

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sean_H
    Sean_H ✭✭✭

Thanks for responding Andrée but I am still a little confused.

Normally I would Share the report by clicking the blue Share button and typing in the user emails or groups that would be shared. What I'm looking for is a share all to every user registered in our organization so that if a new user registers to the Smartsheet Organization they are automatically able to review the shared sheet. Whereas currently I would need to add this individual to each report separately.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sean_H

Happy to help!

I'd recommend creating a group where you add all registered users in the company. You can also have a Workspace with templates and similar that are shared with this group.

Make sense?

Would that work?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kat Woodham
    Kat Woodham ✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå - I have the same use case/challenge that Sean does. A group doesn't solve the issue either, unless the group membership can be auto maintained as new users are added and users are removed. We want a no touch solution to share an item with the entire organization. We have people coming and going on an almost daily basis (large org). Managing an all company group is not efficient or scalable.

@Sean_H - I have used the publish feature to share with all users in my organization but I've run into challenges with that as well. We've had a handful of users get an error message (easily remedied by assigning them a license and removing it - not sure why this fixes it) but worse, we aren't able to see which users are viewing the sheet. The activity log shows 'Publish User' for anyone that access it with the published link. In my use case, I'm not trying to use a Current User filter either so I don't know if that will be honored with the published link.

Do you have Dynamic View? I am able to share with my domain and it respects Current User (I'm pretty sure) but it has it's quirks too so do your research before switching over - if that's something you're interested in.

• Sean_H
    Sean_H ✭✭✭

Thanks for the replies @Andrée Starå and @kwoodham. I submitted an enhancement request for an All Organization option of sharing. With 10k plus employees it is impossible to keep up with the daily changes. I was attempting to remove work from my plate of no longer having reports for over 100 different departments by using the Current User feature but realizing it will be just as much work to add and remove users from groups.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kwoodham

@Sean_H

You're more than welcome!

I'll get back to the post if I think of something else.

• Agree. An automated "All Organization Users" group would be very helpful.

• KKeen
    KKeen ✭✭

@Andrée Starå

Any update on this enhancement request?