Welcome to the Smartsheet Online Community!

Genevieve PGenevieve P admin
edited 10/04/20 in Welcome to the Community
12/11/19 Edited 10/04/20

Welcome to the Smartsheet Online Community! 

Here in the Community, you can interact with other Smartsheet customers to get help and share best practices. 

All posts and comments are monitored by Smartsheet employees, our moderators, to ensure that answers are accurate, helpful, and appropriate. Moderators have the right to remove any discussion or post and ban users from the online Community who violate our guidelines or Terms of Use. If you spot a conversation that appears to go against our guidelines, please flag it and a moderator will review the post and take action. 

Create an account

In order to ask or answer a question or create a post in Community, you must first set up an account. 

To get started, sign in (use the Sign In with Smartsheet button in the upper-right corner of this page).You'll use the same credentials—email and password—in the online Community that you use in Smartsheet.

The first time you do this, you'll be prompted to connect your online Community account with your Smartsheet account. When you select Connect with Smartsheet, you will be prompted with an “Allow Access?” message. Click Allow to authorize the online Community to access your Smartsheet account.

NOTE: Authorizing the online Community to access your Smartsheet account is only for purposes of verifying your identity—it will not allow community members or Smartsheet personnel to read your sheets.

Personalize your experience and participate

Fill out your profile

To let others know a bit about your interests and expertise, you can customize your profile. (Only logged in Community members can see each others’ profiles.)

For the LinkedIn field you only need to enter in your Username. The full URL will be automatically hyperlinked once you save your profile.

In the upper-right area of the online Community page, click Account Options > Edit Profile.

To change or remove your picture, hover over the circular profile image and select Change Icon.

Participate in the discussions

Search the online Community for topics, browse the categories for questions and posts, filter for unanswered questions, or click the tags to see collections. Once you get a feel for the online Community, start asking and answering questions.

When you're signed in, you can start by clicking Ask a Question on the right side of the online Community page. If you don't require an answer but instead want to discuss best practices and share your insight, click on the arrow to Start a Discussion.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What are the Smartsheet Online Community Guidelines?

How do I ...

What are the functions of the Activity & Moderation categories on my profile?

What happens when I “Follow” a specific Category?

Creating Account Error message: “Permission or Domain Denied”

Editing Profile Error Message: "Permission Problem"

Popular Tags:

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve,

Thanks!

Happy to be here and I'm looking forward to exploring more of the new community, but so far it's amazing.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Hi,

more room for improvement.

Under "My Discussions" I would like to also see discussions where I participated. Right now it's not intuitive to find discussion where I posted something. Sure, there is a link in the notification eMail, but I'm already logged in to the community...

Greetings

Stefan

Projektmanagement Professional in Frankfurt am Main, Germany

• @Stefan 7k If you're looking for a record of every comment that you made, you'll find that on your profile page.

https://community.smartsheet.com/profile/comments/

I just took a look, and unfortunately the styles are not working correctly. So, it's not pretty, but it's functional. Working on pretty next! (Stay tuned.)

• Jaye TatoneJaye Tatone ✭✭✭✭✭

Excited to explore this new "facelift". Looks great so far!

• Tim MeeksTim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭

new Community site looks great! learning my way around but I think it's a very good improvement.

Tim

• Gil FieldingGil Fielding ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, I am a new user and just starting to feel my way around Smartsheet. It's great to know there is a way to connect with other users and experts so I can tap into their experience.

Gil

• Hi @Gil Fielding, we're glad you could join us!