Is anyone else encountering this issue when they save their sheets?

Answers

• Jose Reyes
    edited 05/21/20

Even after I following the recommendations displayed on the error message, the issue persists. Already reached out to Support but wanted to see if this was a known issue. Help!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Jose,

Is this in regards to a Sheet or Report? We recently received notifications that some Reports were failing to load, however a fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the situation. You can subscribe to our status page for more information: https://status.smartsheet.com/

If your issue is unrelated, reaching out to Support with your sheet name & link is the best way to proceed. You may also want to review our Troubleshooting Guide in the Help Center (see here).

• Jose Reyes
    edited 05/21/20

Hi Stephanie,

This is in regard to a sheet. The message is prompted in a variety of different ways:

1) Manual saving of a sheet (after changes have been made).

2) Manual saving when prompted by the 10 minute alert.

3) Auto-refresh of the sheet.

I tried to troubleshoot by logging out and logging back in, clearing the browser cache, as well as accessing Smartsheet with a new browser. The issue persists. I went ahead and reach out to support and currently awaiting a response.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Jose,

Thank you for clarifying; yes, reaching out to Support was a good idea. In the meantime, you may also want to try creating a copy of your sheet by Saving as New (see here) to see if this copy resolves the issue.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If the copy does not work...

Do you have any cells that have more than 4,000 characters in it or a formula that is more than 4,000 characters long? Most of the limitations such as number of rows or column or cross sheet references/cell links generate a more specific error/warning, but I do know that if you exceed the 4,000 character limit this error will occur when trying to save it.

• Hi experienced the exact same issue today. Already reached out to the help team too. I tried to take a copy and I can work there temporarily. The problem is that this is my main sheet and many other sheets are taking data from this one. So taking a copy would require me to review almost 5000 lines and replace the links :/

Any news since May? Thanks a lot

Eve