Automated alert containing a form to contacts outside of contact list in a sheet

Smartsheet Community,

I am trying to create an automated workflow that will alert hypothetical meeting participants with an additional message containing a separate Smartsheet form link. However, I am receiving an error message that some contacts (emails) are not being notified in my inbox. These contacts are not part of my contact list; however, that is one of the requirements for this project to be successful as there will not be visibility of all contacts emails before-hand i.e they are not employees. The participant list will be submitted by the meeting coordinator as email addresses.

I have gone in and changed my Automation settings to "Unrestricted" and made new workflows and forms after making the change. This did not solve the issue and I am still receiving the notification error for email addresses not part of my company's established contact list.

As I've described this, does anyone notice any issues in my logic or wording on how to enable this process? Recommendations on a new process?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Stefan Swenson

Strange!

What type of account do you have?

Can you maybe share some screenshots with the message? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå

I have an Enterprise Premier account.

I have appended a screenshot of the email from Smartsheet regarding the "Workflow Delivery Alert" and a screenshot of my automated workflow settings set to unrestricted.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Stefan Swenson

Strange!

Are those users shared with the Meeting Request Form?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Stefan Swenson
    edited 05/21/20

@Andrée Starå

No, they are not shared with the Meeting Request Form.

I do not think I can go the route of sharing all possible users to the sheet as I will not have visibility once this project goes live.

The workflow that would be ideal is that an internal employee requests a meeting with 10 or so customer contacts by submitting their emails into separate contact columns in a Meeting Request form. When the new row is added to the grid, an automated alert is sent to those contacts containing another form that asks them to fill out a health declaration form.

Because I will not have list of all possible customer participants that could be submitted in the initial Meeting Request form and they will not be a part of my personal contact list, my understanding that trying to share those "demo" email addresses in this example will be unrealistic to the actual project requirements when it goes live...

Looking through some prior conversations, it seems that putting the automated workflow to unrestricted should have solved the issue. Do you think this is a bug within my account?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Stefan Swenson

Yes, it should work.

What are the settings in the account? Are there any restrictions there?

If you don't find anything there, and If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

Let me know how it goes!