Calendar Resize Automatically on the Dashboard

Options

How do I make the calendar (from calendar app) automatically resize to fit the space on the dashboard?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Sheila,

The Calendar App has a minimum size it can be displayed on a Dashboard (I presume you're using a Published Link in a Web Content Widget, is that correct?). To find this size, expand out the bottom right corner of the widget until the full calendar is displayed, then slowly drag that corner back in, right until it starts to bring in the scroll bars as you have now.

At this time Smartsheet does not have the capability of having published links from the Calendar App resize any smaller than that minimum size. Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment!

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Jon Barto
    Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

Any luck on this enhancement request? Currently the Calendar app appears really big on the dashboard. Would love to have it in month view where is shows the entire month but not take up the huge amount of space. Calendar view can do that but it cant display more then the primary column of data.

Kinda stuck here. Have 2 features ... calendar app and calendar view but there are features lacking in one but not the other .. then with other items the features are found in say calendar view but not calendar app.

Really with Smartsheet would make a few tweaks to calendar view.

1. The ability to display more then one column of info. (prefer 3 min)
    2. The ability to change dates with predecessors.... You can do this in a sheet.... but it give you a warning. so that would be ok if that same warning would come up in calendar view... its a pain to have to go back to sheet to change a date. In the construction world... if you are changing a date with a predecessor... most of the time the predecessor does not matter anymore.

Thanks

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Jon Barto

I don't have an update for you on these requests. Normally I would suggest adding a vote on a current Product Idea type of post (versus this discussion post), but I see you've already created an Idea, which is great!

Calendar view change start date with predessors